I always like to start my day by reading positive affirmations, as I find it helps to set me up for the day ahead. What is an affirmation I hear you ask? Affirmations are proven methods of self-improvement because of their ability to rewire our brains. The word affirmation comes from the Latin “affirmare”, which means “to make steady, strengthen.”
If you are a believer of the ‘you are what you think’ mindset, then life is said to stem from your thoughts. So it’s important to be careful with our words, similarly to how manifestation works. We should choose to speak only those words which works towards our benefit and cultivate our highest good. An affirmation is said to help purify the thoughts, and restructure the dynamic of our brains, so we can truly begin to believe that nothing is impossible.
Positive affirmations work by helping us to believe in the potential of an action we’re desiring to manifest. So by verbally announcing our affirmations, we are therefore instantly empowered with a deep sense of reassurance that our affirmations will become reality. Affirmations are actually proven methods of self-improvement due to their ability to rewire our brains and way of thinking. By thinking positive, and believing positive we’re helping to break patterns of negative thoughts, speech and actions.
Ten Positive Affirmations
- Don’t tell people your dreams. Show them.
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Take pride in how far you’ve come, and have faith in how far you can go.
- If people are trying to bring you down, it only means that you are above them.
- The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don’t have to remember what you said.
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
- If you want to fly, you have to give up the things that weigh you down.
- My growth is a continuous process.
- I focus on what I can control, and let go of what I cannot.
- I am worthy of love and joy.