The term Backne is used to describe the back acne that ranges from mild to severe. It can be caused by a number of different factors including poor hygiene, stress, hormonal changes, and the use of specific products.
Backne is an unfortunate condition that can have a significant impact on one’s self esteem. It can also lead to various health risks such as infection and scarring if not treated in time. Treating backne involves both medical and non-medical methods which are discussed below.
What Are The Causes Of Backne?
Backne is an inflammatory skin condition that can be caused by many different reasons. One of the most common causes is an infection by a yeast or fungus. This type of backne usually occurs on the chest, neck, shoulders, and back.
Another common cause of backne is due to heat and sweat. The sweat can irritate the skin and lead to itchiness, redness, and inflammation.
What Are The Symptoms Of Backne?
Backne is the medical term for a condition that most commonly affects the back and buttocks, but could affect anywhere on the body. Backne is also called Acne Inversa or Acne Rosacea.
It’s important to note that if you are not using a new deodorant or have a new prescription medication, this could potentially be your cause of backne. If these symptoms persist, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
When a person has backne, they may experience pain and itching. The skin on the affected area may be red and inflamed. The symptoms of backne are an itchy or painful area of skin that is usually red and inflamed. The severity can vary from mild to severe, with some people experiencing only mild symptoms while others have a more severe case.
How To Treat Backne?
1. Cleanse your skin with a gentle exfoliator – If you have backne, using a gentle exfoliator will help the dry skin slough off. Many people are surprised at how effective of an option exfoliating is for their backne. It helps to dry skin slough off. This also has the added benefit of removing dead skin cells that may be clogging your pores and causing you to breakout more often than not.
2. Hydrate your skin with an oil or lotion that is acne-safe and oil-free (we recommend one with ingredients like peppermint, tea tree, lavender, or aloe vera) – acne-safe lotions and oils can be used for the treatment of backne. There are many products in the market that are acne-safe and oil-free. The most popular ones include:
- 1) Neutrogena Oil-free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Gel
- 2) Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser
- 3) Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Aging Clear Pore Cleanser with Green Tea Extract
- 4) Oil of Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti Ageing Daily Lotion SPF30
3. Dehydration is another root cause of backne – Dehydration is an underlying cause of backne. Dry skin is the symptom that we can see, but dehydration is the root cause. So, if you want to get rid of backne, make sure to drink enough water every day!
Dehydration can cause backne in many ways. It’s one of the most common causes and it can also worsen it because it will then lead to dry skin which is more prone to inflamed acne. With treatment options, we can get rid of the bacteria that is causing the acne and prevent backne from coming back.